Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Prototype Development 1

I’m a visual learner, but hopeless at drawing, so during the design concept stage, I used a lot of photographs that I already had as well as a number of flowcharts to help visualize how the design would work. For the prototype, I’m going to try something that’s very visual, but very quick to design. Using the program Omnigraffle (a Mac only flowchart program), I’ll create a mini illustrated version of the proposed Web site. While this is a good way to have potential users see what the site looks like, and how the instruction will be organized, it’s still not the same as navigating a real Web site, and I’m wondering if the feedback I receive will be sufficient to adjust the design to something that’s more useful.

If I want more feedback I may end up doing a limited web-based prototype, in particular to see how the inductive approach works with photography on the Web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home